About Me

My photo
Jensen Beach, FL, United States
Welcome to Reflections of Glass. I enjoy making beautiful stained glass pieces and want them to be affordable for everyone who enjoys this medium. I have always loved stained glass, but thought it was too expensive, which is one of the reasons I decided to learn how to do it. I enjoy the artistic side of it, as well as working with the glass itself which always has a special characteristic about it. I now have begun to incorporate other elements such as seashells and glass nuggets into the design that complement the piece and the natural environment it is meant to reflect.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Sea Glass Ornaments

One of my favorite things to do is walk the beach and look for sea glass.  These "treasures" of amber, clear and green glass roll in with the seashells and make a great find when you can spot them.  This ornamental suncatcher was made with sea glass from South Hutchinson Island and captures the beauty of the seashore year ‘round. I wrap each individual piece of sea glass with copper foil and lay the first coat of solder down to hold the design in place.  I clean the piece and foil the entire circumference then complete the final soldering process.  This approach gives the piece more stability and structure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment