About Me

My photo
Jensen Beach, FL, United States
Welcome to Reflections of Glass. I enjoy making beautiful stained glass pieces and want them to be affordable for everyone who enjoys this medium. I have always loved stained glass, but thought it was too expensive, which is one of the reasons I decided to learn how to do it. I enjoy the artistic side of it, as well as working with the glass itself which always has a special characteristic about it. I now have begun to incorporate other elements such as seashells and glass nuggets into the design that complement the piece and the natural environment it is meant to reflect.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Frank Lloyd Wright stained glass replica

I first admired Frank Lloyd Wright for his ability as an architect to integrate his buildings into the surrounding environment.  Then, I discovered that he designed and built many of his own stained glass windows and panels.  Here is a modified design based on an entry window in one of his Chicago homes. This is one of Frank Lloyd Wright's earliest asymmetrical designs. I used a large piece of rough rolled clear glass for many of the sections along with several other types and textures. 




Replica of entry window, Laura Gale House, 1909, Oak Park Illinois.

No comments:

Post a Comment